Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Relaxing in Hilton Head

For anniversary #3, we headed down to Hilton Head Island, SC over Memorial weekend.  We rented a condo right on the beach and had great views.
View from our balcony


View from beach to our rental - just a quick walk!!

It's me!! on the balcony
Nearby plaza - actually pretty big - lots of restaurants and shops - we walked here to go out to eat.  Luckily we were in a great spot near everything - didn't have to drive at all once we got to our rental.

We didn't realize it until we got there, but a tropical storm was headed our way!  Luckily all that meant was very windy days and rain on one day.  We were still able to go out on the beach every day - although it was so windy one day that I kept losing my hat.
It's a little hard to tell in the picture, but it was very windy!

Caution flags were out every day on the beach, but a lot of people still went in the water

Matt enjoying the waves!  I didn't go out that much - the wind was making such big waves, I'm not a fan of that.  Stings my eyes and I get paranoid about losing my contacts

 A little chilly during our walk down the beach
We kept seeing these on the beach - jellyfish???


During the rain...
Happy Anniversary!! Matt is a bit pink from a sunburn


1 comment:

  1. I love the paranoia of losing contacts! I can relate, but I think you're safe in the water. Just wear some goggles -- ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete